3MW Proposal


My idea for a documentary was one about the gaming industry – and the popularity and the industry can has. I plan to use some interviews, including  small clips to add to the context of what is happening. I will try to make these clips small because I want most of the presentation to be my own work instead of someone else’s.

I would say the genre of my documentary would edge towards the educational however infotainment side of the genre, just due to the fact that although I will try to explain what I have learned throughout, gaming is more of a widely interesting topic to the correct audience, rather than something that will teach the viewer a more academic subject.

My primary audience would be 14-18 year olds who are already into gaming and want to learn more about the industry they’re already so invested in. The reason the audience would be of this age is because it’s the age the majority of people with an interest in the subject are, as well as an age not too young to understand what’s being said in the documentary. The secondary audience would be parents (around 30-50) who want to learn about the hobby their children are so into, and to bring light to an industry that isn’t very widely known about by the people outside of the business.

I will film my production in interview room – perhaps an unused classroom so that there is no background noise, as well as other rooms around college.

I will need some experts as well as college students who have an interest in gaming. I will try and find a variety of interviewees who all had different experiences with the industry. Due to this, the opinions on the business will be different, like how the industry has evolved, what their goals are in the future; and their views on the future of the industry.

Questions I would ask include:
What was your first experience with gaming?
What do you think of the gaming industry nowadays?
What is your favourite game from the previous generation?
Do you feel like gaming is an important aspect of our society?   

I will need camera equipment such as tripods so that I can have a setup when filming and interviewing, however I will not need to buy these – instead I will rent them out from the college as I don’t have a budget for this production.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pre-Production Process

The Dark Knight Film Review